The Chicago Metro Chapter of AHRMM 2019 Spring Educational Meeting and Vendor Fair
Thursday, Apr 18, 2019
7:00am – 2:00pm
Date: Thursday, April 18th
Location: Eaglewood Resort – 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60143
Event is free for Healthcare Professionals
Jennifer Viegas – Hall, Render, Killian, Heath, & Lyman, P.C.
“Channeling your Supply Chain Potential Through Value Based Purchasing and Innovation”
A recent study found hospitals have over $25 billion in unrealized supply chain potential – but what steps do you need to take to make the most out of that opportunity? This presentation explores the innovative ways hospitals can engage vendors, identify value, and realize cost savings in their supply chain. From capitalizing on recent favorable risk-sharing guidance from the OIG to more focused tracking of product recalls and warranties, we identify ways to help your supply chain achieve significant cost savings and attract the positive attention of the decision-makers in the c-suite. Additionally, we consider the importance of contracting for cybersecurity protections and the innovative role the supply chain can play in keeping your organization safe from cyber threats. From vendor prequalification to contracting for security audits, supply chain can play a pivotal role in ensuring the safe procurement and implementation of software and other connected devices into your organization.
Faith Roberts, MSN, RN – Carle Foundation Hospital
“From Wedding Rings to Nose Rings – Generational Differences at Work”
The largest part of the workforce is now comprised of Generation X and Millennials. Generational diversity has become an important issue for everyone in. We look to our clients whose differing needs will result in seismic changes in consumer education techniques. We can look to our colleagues as we struggle to understand what motivates each individual. But, more importantly, we must look to ourselves as our practice arenas resound with the refrain “I can’t believe they said that/did that”. Employees today must be comfortable with diversity. This presentation will outline the six major age groups and the work characteristics typical of each. By learning about a generation and its values, the employee will function with a better understanding of what motivates their co-workers. Emphasis will be placed on the commonalities of each generation while recognizing their differences.
This will be our Annual Educational Meeting / Vendor Fair. If you have exhibited before, we hope you realized the benefits and will be joining us again.
- Almost 2 hour exhibit time following our speakers.
- This event has the largest attendance by hospitals and other healthcare professionals that we host.
- We have sold out each year so register early. $550 exhibit fee provides table, lunch for two and ability to attend both educational sessions.
- Invite your customers and prospects as your guests. We have a great day planned and they can be from any department you work with at the hospital.
- Many vendors provide a raffle gift to selected attendee’s that stop by their exhibit. This year we will be raffling off all gifts at the end of the day.
Two attendee’s per registration, $50 per additional attendee.
Exhibit Table (six foot table skirted) : $550
- 7:00 –Vendor registration & setup – Vendors arrive and begin to setup their exhibits in the main hall.
- 7:30 – General registration & breakfast – Eaglewood Resort has plenty of free parking and is an easy drive from any direction.
- 8:00 – 8:15 – Debbie Schmidt / AHRMM Chicago Metro Chapter President will provide an update on our Chapter and an update on 2019 events.
- 8:15 – 9:30 – Jennifer P. Viegas “Channeling your Supply Chain Potential Through Value Based Purchasing and Innovation“
- 9:30 – 9:45 – Chapter Awards – We recognize our chapter members with an awards ceremony for the annual Glen Anderson Vendor Achievement Award and the Dorian Wright Achievement Award.
- 9:45 – 10:00 – Break
- 10:00 – 11:00 –Faith Roberts “Working through Generational Divides“
- 11:00 – 12:45 –Vendor Fair in Exhibit Hall – Red Oak Ballroom. Opportunity to meet and visit 45 of the top vendors in the Healthcare Industry. Bring your business cards to participate in raffles that many of the vendors will be coordinating.
- 12:45 – 2:15 – Lunch & Prizes/Raffle Winners – (must be present) Winners of raffle gifts will be announced.
- 2:15 –Adjourn/Breakdown
Event LocationEaglewood Resort
1401 Nordic Road
Itasca, IL, 60143